HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did you achieve your goals?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Bowhunter2001
Fork Horn

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

I have let 37 deer walk this year so far. The largest is a perfect 10 140" buck. I have had several other 10's and 8' not quit as big walk. I have a picture of a 10 or larger with a 3 to 4 inch kicker on his G2. I haven't seen him yet. Depending on his width, I may wack him because I like kicker and drop tine bucks. I bow hunt my 135 acre farm by myself. I have some standing corn and beans plus 5 other food plots just for my deer. Gun hunting around me was very slow this year compared to years past. I usually go up and police my ground during gun season. I took a picture of the 140" 10, the 130" 10, and the 125" 8 all within 22 yards of me. I will try to post it here. My friends think I am crazy but I want to kill a 160" plus or I will let them walk. I have pictures of most of these deer. I have jumped up at least 50 turkeys twice now. I have seen pheasants and quail each time I hunt. I haven't killed anything but I enjoy watching my propertyand its wildlife. It makes it a success for me.