HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did you achieve your goals?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

This means that my percentage for success goes down drastically as I wait for that buck to come by me on my postage stamp size properties.
Yet they always do, Greg. You have to admit you have some incredible grounds. I'm not taking away anything from you or the deer you've taken.....but they DO always come by (based on your previous kills).

For the three previous seasons I have met my goals, including one season where I blew the shot at one of my target bucks and missed completely. My opportunities came relatively early in the season. Nov. 4th, Nov. 11th and Oct. 30th respectively. I have found that one chance per season is the best I can hope for.
That's good stuff. We may get another....but if we plan for more than that....I think it's a mistake.

For that matter, where were the does!!??
Another GREAT question I'm asking myself right now (and a few weeks ago). I don't know what they could POSSIBLY be eating, right now. No idea.

Greg you're also "passing" on 138" deer. I can't imagine. I've seen 3 deer from stand in over 200 sits that will go over 100". Biggest buck I've ever legitimately "passed" on......might go 80". I can't imagine having access to such animals. Kudos to you for securing those grounds. That's no easy task.

I've got 3 more weeks....and I haven't caved. I haven't had too many chances, though.

IL changed my view on whitetails probably forever.
Rob...not to hijack Greg's thread....but I wish you'd start a thread and expound on this. Do you view them there as a different species of deer? Anythign to do with the sheer quantity of quality animals? I'd liketo hear more on this.