HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What the heck, Ill post a little buck
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What the heck, Ill post a little buck

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

Congrats Burnie!! That is a nice deer!!

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Thanks everyone. I have good news. I got out my lightest recurve 56# @ 28" and I could actually pull it with my two good fingers. I shot it several times last night and think with a little more practice, ill get it down. Cant say it felt very good on the bumb finger. I guess sometimes you just got to feel the pain. Also, I just heard from a friend down south who wants me to come hunt with him. I took a P and Y on this land last year, so it looks like things might be back in play.
I was going to offer to take one of those long bows off of your hands...but I guess you got it figured out!!
Lol. I actually sold everyone of my bows about two weeks ago. All but an old recurve I built years ago and a old Herters recurve Ive had since the late 70s.

Ive got two new bows going right now. A Brazillian Walnut, white oak, and maple longbow and a Brazillian walnut, bamboo, and maple longbow going at this very moment. Just took bamboo ipe bow out of the oven and am in the process of tillering the white oak, ipe bow. So I guess ill have two new longbows in about a week.