HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's your batting average?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your batting average?

I just wanna say something to the younger guys or the guys who are new to bowhunting:

I hope I didn't send the wrong message that it is anything less than glamorous to shoot multiple arrows at a deer in order to get the job done. if it takes 4 thenit takes4.There is no set number when it comes to that. It's been said butbears repeating- we try our best in the woods but there are variables we absolutely cannot control.

I almost let G'man talk himself around me. I almost let him make a secondary issue of importance become a first. He argued that I am sending the wrong message by penalizing ppl for taking multiple shots thus in a way promotingmultiple shotsto make himself feel better about his 4/10 record. As responsiblestewards of the forest, it is our duty to make sure we send the fewest arrows possible at God's creatures.

G'man can talk his way around teenagers even when he is completely wrong to begin with.I consider myself a fair and just man. I will not let him argue here that black is white. If a guy has 100 posts, there is a damn good chance that a fewer number of those posts are BS. If a guy has 20,000 posts there's a damn good chance that more of those posts are of a self-righteous self-serving origin. Do not add a whole container of salt to your soup; take yourspoonful with a grain of it.

Busted!

Sincerely,
-Heu