HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 PM
D Rock
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I went out today and had the best/worst day in the woods I have ever had. Since I didn't get off of work until 10:30 last night I just couldn't get out of bed really early this morning. I got into the woods around 7:30. On my way to my stand I jumped a grand total of 6 freaking deer. Every corner I went around there was a doe bedded down.[:@] I was trying to take the quitest route to my stand. I felt like just sitting down right where I was instead of making my way to my stand. When I get to my stand I had two more does jumpand circle around me.

I get up in my standand I had a strong cold westerly wind right in my face. My face hurts like heck right now. I don't see anything until 12:15 a spike walks to within 10 yards of me and scratches his ear with his hind foot and then he walks off. Then around 1:30 when I am in the middle of eating my lunch I notice a doe browsing through the woods behind me. I quickly put my lunch up and give her a few calls. She comes in and tried to figure out where the sound was coming from. She gets about 10 yards from my stand and I almost shot her but I thought I heard a deer behind her. There wasn't. Then about 5:30 two does trot through and off down the hill.

Lots of deer but no big ones. I don't think I will be able to get out for anymore shotgun season. I guess I will just have to leave it for muzzleloader season. Sorry for the long post, but I had one heck of a day.