HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
CtElkHunter
Spike

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

Congrats Steve!! Nice buck. I got out Saturday and was not happy after walking out of the woods. My brother and i have this piece of property that we normally rifle hunt. It is about 1 1/2 hours from the house. After missing a good buck last year i was determined to get one this year. So i have been bowhunting their instead of rifle. It was bitter cold on Saturday so i figured with the rut kicked in and the temps that they would be moving. We got their in the dark and got set up right away. No stands on this property yet; so it was all from the ground.
Any way did not see a thing. Even the squirrels were no where to be found. After about 4 1/2 hours, i can see my brother heading toward me from where we parked. I grabbed my stuff and met him on the path. He said " I have something to show you, and your gonna be pissed". Any way on the way back to the truck he points out a nice fresh scrape and thinking that was it we get back to the truck, and then he points out the real pisser...2 gut piles, genitalia still attached. We thought we were the only ones with permission to hunt here, my brother thinks it may have been the property owner. That is 3 bucks taken here. My brother shot a big 8 there last year, same day i missed mine.

Any way season is not over yet. I will try again Tues and Wed afternoon in a bowhunt only area near my house.