HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Kanes28
Spike

Default RE: How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt?

I hunted in zone 56 - Juneau County - Necedah Wildlife Refuge

Out of 11 hunters in our group we got (1) little buck.

8 hunters in the group saw no deer! and theoverall gun shots heard in the area was much less than prior seasons.

Last year our results were about the same. I think we got 2 or 3 deer in 2007

The Necedah Refuge does have a very large wolf pack but thats only a small piece of the problem in my opinion.

We have hunters in our group that have hunted my particular spot for over 30 years,and with the stories these old timers tell at camp I can assure anyone, including these DNR idiots that the deer counts are way off!

These Old Timers in my group talk of the "old days" when maybe 1 guy in camp had a doe tag and everyone else only had buck tags. Hell! between myself and my wife we have 4 friggin doe tags this year. We have guys in the state using these tags and even buying more. Its hurtin the population BIG time!

Chronic Wasting??? laughs. this disease just all the sudden popped up in the state hun? I just dont buy it, but Ill give it to ya DNR. great excuse to reduce your so called 1.6 million count herd or whatever your saying it is up to now. go hunt once and see how many deer you see!

I have all the same complaints as every other hunter I ran into this weekend but the most important concern I have...

"Take a kid hunting!!!"

we have all heard this before and its great! get these kids outta the house and away from video games, computers and TVs. or worse yet, drugs and violence.

but with a opening weekend I just had... 8 out of 11 guys didnt even see a deer!

how in the hell do I keep a 12 year old kid interested in hunting when they dont see anything?????