HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Obviously Will has bowhunting accomplisments the majority of us will only ever dream about........it's unreal.[:-]

My question and I don't know if it was ever mentioned, what in Will's life affords him the opportunities to go on all these adventures? It's obvious that it takes an amount of time, $$ , and commitment that probably isn't even achievable for 99% of us.
THere has to be some serious resources at work here for that type of resume. I'm scrimping and saving trying to put together a simple black bear hunt MAYBE in 2yrs. LOL and my wife and I aren't what you would call "Poor".

Matt,
It was mentioned and I agree, I don't have the fund to scrape together to go one a DIY ELK hunt most years, let alone an African Safari. Now this will probably tick a few people off, but I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE SCI!!!! SCI on one hand is a "hunters' advocate," on the other hand they are a doing a lot of what they are doing to support their money machine. I believe SCI is part of what has driven the SKY HIGH prices of hunts, and a big part of what is creating a lot of the $$$$ push behind high-fence ranch farms like the one in Idaho where the SCI WR Elk was killed for a nominal fee of somewhere upwards of what I make in a years time!!!

Sorry, I'll be the fun-sucker here, but I'd NEVER have an animal registered in the SCI record book. It's CRAP like this.... http://www.oakcreekwhitetailranch.co...ingpricing.asp that is destroying our sport. If any of the animals were killed on this type of hunt (I sincerely hope they weren't), then I have no respect for that type of "hunting."