HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Missouri firearm opener
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Gotbuck
Typical Buck

Default RE: Missouri firearm opener

I'm going again this weekend as I hunt with my dad and uncle on 5 acres! That's right 5 acres in Hermann. We saw 23 deer opening weekend and I passed on 2 does, the rest we seen were on dead runs through the property. My dad did see several bucks bunched up together and not yet chasing from what we saw. My uncle shot a spike and was within the legal length on the spike restrictions. He had shot him high in the ribs and he fell down. He was using a 12 guage slug and had 1 entry hole and no exit hole when I field dressed. What I discovered was the bullet hit a rib going in and broke it, then on the other side of the ribs 2 ribs were broken and we found the slug wedged between the skin and outside the ribs. The slug had broke into 2 pieces and his shot was only 20 yards. We could not beleive that one. We got a lot of meat off him and I've got jerky for the weekend. I'm going after the 10 pointer I saw during bow season so I'll see if he's around, I hope they are chasing by now. If not we still have 2 weeks after this weekend for muzzleloading season. Nice buck and a great shot.