HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shipping a muzzleloader?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 10:20 AM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Default Shipping a muzzleloader?

My brother got skunked this year during the MN rifle season, and he has three rifle tags that he wants to convert to ML tags, but he does not have a ML to hunt with. He mentioned this to me and I got to thinking that I have a couple extra ML's laying around in excellent condition that I don't use anymore since I got my Savage 10ML-II, one of which would make an excellent Christmas gift. I would like to send him my Traditions inline as a Christmas surprise, but I'm not sure how to ship it to him. I know that shipping a ML direct is legal without using an FFL transfer in most states, but I'd like to know if there are any MN specific laws regulating this, and should I use UPS or USPS. I want to avoid any hassle from ignorant shipping clerks, so I need to know how to declare it to make sure they don't have a panic attack. I plan to pack it in the box that my Savage came in (the Traditions box got ruined when my water heater burst a couple years ago), and I'm going to wrap it to conceal the "SavageArms" logo so no one gets any ideas. So is there anything I need to know to make this happen?

Thanks,

Mike