HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - When is it to windy for YOU?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When is it to windy for YOU?

besides the cold that eats through you when its windy and cold, the saftey factor keeps me home...

gusts in the 20-30mph range usually keeps me home..usually when its like that the sustrained wind is 10-20mph with gusts upto 30..that will generally keep me in.

ive been so close to trees that have been blown over that when it splashed in the creek i got wet...

one time i opted to go small game hunting with the buddies instead of bow hunting due to heavy rains...we were coming through a stand of pines when the wind kicked up hard and fast...tops of pines were going everywhere...talk about scary...we unloaded and made a mad dash for the field..

coon hunting a couple times dad and i got stuck in very nasty wind storms...i remember it atleast 2x...i was YOUNG...6-10yo. big trees coming down all around us...dont know if it was a freak thing or if dad didnt watch the weather or if the weather predictors were even worse 15yo ago than they are now or why we went running hounds those nites...

those are just a couple of the closer calls...

but needless to say "ive seen enough" i wanna live to hunt another day...being in a tree when its REAL windy just aint worth it to me....not to mention shooting in wind like that is difficult...