HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Black Panther seen while deer hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
jeremyjms06
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

I also live in eastern Oklahoma and yes there are occassional Cougar sightings but there has also been some hard evidence. I know of one caught in a trap, another shot, etc. I could name several other examples. The difference is that there has never been a documented black cougar ever... anywhere. Animal experts are in agreement that this animal does not exist. That is good enough for me.
Just because they say they don't exist doesnt mean anything. they swear cougars dont inhabit any of alabama.... but most of us know without a doubt that they do. Black phases are very rare in any species and seeing a black mountain lion would be difficult since mountain lions are already very elusive. when sightings happen they are just that... sightings. people dont carry a camera around everywhere expecting to see one... it just happens and mostly when you are least expecting it. Just because people havent documented in doesnt mean it isnt there. this world is full of mysteries and new creatures are discovered everyday that people never knew exsisted until they were discovered. Do I believe in Black Panther... yes very much so. If the black color phase can happen in leopards and jags then why not the cougars???