HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are we running out of Big Bucks in some states?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
RockinChair
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are we running out of Big Bucks in some states?

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

based on my sightings, i would say that its down. My deer camera tells me otherwise though
x2. While actually hunting our sightings and numbers have been down this year. Granted the mast crop on our property was poor at best this year. Still, we are getting some good bucks frequently on the trail cams, positive sign I would think would be an improving buck to doe ratio.

Side note- We have about 750 acres right now between our property and neighboring properties under some form of management. Be it full steam QDM or just letting bucks walk- everyone is buying into some management concept. Then one of our neighbors hunts about a 40-60 acre lot (not realy sure on the actual acreage) but seriously, and God strike me down if I am lying, shoots at a deer every single hunt. Last year, the family (5 people) took 20+ deer off a 50 acre lot! That's just massacre if you ask me. Sure, they may need the meat, but still, thats too many if you ask me.