HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: wjbsmith

Just wondering anyone has any news on this buck??? This came from the Boone and Crockett website!

[align=center]Roger Jarvis 2008[/align]
Missouri Non-Typical

November 19, 2008

This buck is reported to have been taken by Roger Jarvis and is a pending B&C World's Record at 319.

The current World's Record non-typical whitetail deer was found in St. Louis County, Missouri in 1981 and was entered by the Missouri Department of Conservation on behalf of the citizens of Missouri. It scores 333-7/8 B&C.

More information as details become available.
Beautiful deer!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I am wrong..but the world record non typical is the "Albia buck" taken in southern IA a few years ago by a youth during muzzleloader.
The Albia buck is the largest buck ever shotand recovered by a hunter. It is listed as #3 in the all time record bookbehind the MO "Monarch" and the Ohio "Hole in the Horn".

I kinda raised an eyebrow at this, because I had never really heard it refered to as the "Albia Buck" before.... I had heard of it.... but I have always known it as the "Lovsten Buck"..... same deer coincidendtally.

I wonder how much Bass Pro will offerMr. Jarvis for the horns.... I going with $2 million if it gets certified, and $1 million if not.