HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Great Debate Over Baiting Revisited
Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Siman08/OH
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Great Debate Over Baiting Revisited

Anybody who knows me knows that i dislike the idea of baiting. I am fine with any critisizm that you want to give me out of this post...ill accept it because its what i believe. I have no problem with people who do, because in Ohio it is perfectly legal.

I had a bait site on my property for 2 years. I never hunted over it, just used it to get pictures. I found that it made my deer harder to pattern, because i would not hunt over it...so i got rid of it.

One of my best friends is a "crossbows and cornpiles" guy. He kills a pope and young every year...i always give him a hard time of course.

There was also this kid in school who did the same thing. He killed a pope and young buck every year as well, and averaged ony 3 sits. One of the bucks was a 13 point in the 160's. His property butts up to mine....so you can get the idea about how i feel about him...

For "me", i would rather not shoot a buck using my methods then harvest a buck feeding on a pile of corn.