HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Great Debate Over Baiting Revisited
Old 11-20-2008, 03:51 PM
MISwampDog
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Great Debate Over Baiting Revisited

after reading a little bit more i feel that i must make a few comments. I am not trying to justify anything or change anyones views. yes i use to bait, but i also hunt over funnels, food plots, trails, rub lines. it does not matter to me how you choose to do it or if you agree with it or not. That was the point of this post, to express an idea and see what others think.

Someone mentioned that i shared the same view and ted nugent. didn't mean to copy the man. I didn't know that he had a similar arguement.

One of the first replies mentioned that my area is a bad deer area. I agree. Unfortunately i didn't have anywhere else to hunt up untill recently. I made the most of what I had. Baiting helped me do that.

again i just want to say that I am not trying to change anyones views just threw an idea out there.

and drope tine...just a comment. the credit is due to the hunter who does it through old school methods...i see where you are going with this. But I am not comparing you to any old joe shmoe. YOu put your time in and scout and I don't hold anything against you for doing that. But you have to remember that not everyone has that time available, nor the area in which to do it. And as far as old school methods...hope you still hunt with a long bow. it's an old school method, or did you become accepting of a different method and use a compound? Not trying to goat you, just another thought.