HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Trip back home: Observations and Silly Generalizations
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 AM
silentassassin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Trip back home: Observations and Silly Generalizations

I can't even imagine how many big deer I would have on my walls if I lived in the mid-west. I am not trying to pat my self on the back BUT I have spent 5 days in the mindwest on hunts over a 4 year period and killed 4 P&Y bucks and this is all non guided hunting.On 2 of the hunts I tagged out on the first morning of the hunt HOWEVER I have stayed in a tree and either filmed or doe hunted on each of these trips. The five days counts the start of each hunt until I tagged my buck on each hunt. On each of these trips I have seen more total deer, more bucks, and more big bucks than I have in anySEASON of hunting NE Arkansas and SE Missouri (oh and SE Missouri is a deer hunting meca compared to NE Arkansas) Not to knock any of the guys here that hunt the midwest. There are some EXCELLENT hunters that frequent this sight HOWEVER I don't find it as impressive, as some others do, to consistently kill big bucks in the mid-west. I am not saying it's easy either but with the success I've had with the limited amount of time I've had to hunt the midwest, I can't imagine what my trophy room would look like, If I had hunted there for the last 20 years.