HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - South Carolina poacher busted Video
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM
hatracked
Fork Horn

Default RE: South Carolina poacher busted Video

The official charge is called "tresspassing to hunt". AKA poaching.

There was no mistake here hence why the man initially tried to say he had shot the buck on his side and took a second shot to finish it off when they attempted to retrieve it on their side of the line and bumped it over on our side. Notice the road and the break in the woodline it causes. It is a well known line to all involved. What happened was simple, these guys pulled in around 1025 am after they were done hunting. Their purpose was to corn up their stand that sits 300 yards from this line. When they pulled out in their truck the buck was standing in the powerline on a hump of ground on our side, he put the rifle out the window of his truck and shot it. I have recieved two this isnt poaching/ "honest mistake replies on the utube account from Wisconsin hunters and go to tell you it reflects poorly on both of you. Get this, the line is the line and that is where the law starts and stops.There is no grey ara or buffer zone. Get real. If your the type that fudges the line be prepared because someone may be watching and you will go to jail or pay on the spot fines in this state no questions asked. I believe it is that way everywhere I have ever hunted. In fact I cant seem to find anywhere that says theres a "grey" area between landowners properties where all can hunt. If there is please find me one . I will also say if there was even a smidgeon of thought that this was an honest mistake, the man would have walked with the deer right then.

The real kicker here is simple this truck shooting piece of garbage shot a buck out from under my soldier son on land he had no permission to hunt. It cost this young man not only a buck, but we ended up spending much of the last day we had to spend together before shipping out dealing with POACHERS.