HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spooked a Buck....Now What?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Vogt_51
Typical Buck

Default Spooked a Buck....Now What?

So, I was out in a tower blind today and the deer were moving like crazy. Lots of trailing, some chasing, and a decent amount of bucks. Long story short, a buck comes out of a field that is out of view to me right as I turn that way. He stops, looks for a minute or so, wheezes and runs in the opposite direction. This is a REALLY nice buck, definitely scoring over 150, probably closer to mid-160s. I tried giving a couple grunts as he was running, but he never stopped. He came out of the field about 100 yards away from me and ran over a hill approximately 300-350 yards away. He never winded me, but he saw my initial movement, stopped, checked it out and ran/wheezed.

What should I do now? I have another tower blind over near where he ran. However, the spot I have been in has tons of activity usually. So far this last month I have hunted there about 20-25 times and have seen at least 5 deer during a hunt and up to about 20 deer. I haven't hunted the other stand yet, but don't know what to do and shotgun season starts this Friday, which I will be hunting the same area.

Any advice?