HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accubond Performance!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
mossy33oak
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accubond Performance!

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

ORIGINAL: mossy33oak

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

its my "go to" bullet in my 7mm Allen mag, last time out shot a 5" group at 836 yards, have never recovered one yet, from whitetails from 375-822 yards.
RR
I could not even SEE a deer or an elk at dstances like this, let alone SHOOT at one......
Youd be surprised at some of the long range shots people will take that dont realize the capabilties of their rifles. Last hunting season heard 4 consecutive shots a field over from me. I walked over and found a 20 something guy throwin a volley at a deer RUNNING acrossed a field. I said where was he at? he pointed and I got my rangefinder out. Here this guy was shooting a 30-30 at this running deer and I ranged it at 337 yards!!! i just laughed to myself and said to him "yea, im pretty sure you misssed".

Yep, but you would be surprised at the avid hunters who have no idea what a properly tuned and properly set up modern rifle can do.
it takes basic knoledge of ballistics, and some cash but anyone who sets they're mind to it can hit what they aim at at 750 yards. once you convince yourself it ain't that far the rest isn't hard.
RR
your talking about people like you and me who spend hours weekly at the range. Im talking about guys who MIGHT MAYBE sight their rifle in for deer season, some just say, ehh it was dead on 3 years ago when I shot that doe, it shoudl still be good.