HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clean miss or NO?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 06:35 PM
pick00l
Fork Horn

Default RE: Clean miss or NO?

Update.

Went to church this am and said a couple prayers about the good and bad fortune I had the day before.

Then, went to the gun range to find out why and how much the gun was off. At 50 yards, I shot a 4 times and had a 2-3 inch group. That actually made me more nervous and I said, I would take a quick walk in the woods to see if there was any signs I missed the day before.

As luck would have it, I actually stumbled across a big dead deer. Yup. it was him. Laying in a direction which my buddy and I had not looped around to. Had no reason to think he went in that direction.

Bullet was right behind the leg where you would want the hit to be. Just no exit wound or blood around the entry hole. All the blood was in the chest. Lesson learned for me.

Deer is now at the butcher and heads going to the taxidermist. This is my first buck in Delaware and I glad I went to the woods for one more check and the look where I would not think he would have went to.

Is he the monster I thought he was, yes. Shrunk a little but, not much. This was a old buck off public land. To me he is a monster.