HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your chance to vote on my ineptness
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 AM
mohunter82
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your chance to vote on my ineptness

i've got over 40 sits in and only a coyote on the ground...But anytime i start to second guess or get that feelinf i think back to this blog i posted awhile back

The most wondeful time of the year!

Current mood: thankful

Some people call it christmas. I call it Bow season.

Its those morning thats you get up and get your gear on and walk outside to a crisp cool autumn morning. Leaves are changing colors and starting to fall. A light dew has covered the grass making your entrance into the woods just a little bit quiter. as you slip into your stand and the world begins to wake up you realize that it wouldn't matter if you saw a deer or not. You get to witness one of Gods greatest miracles every morning.

The sun coming up over the tree tops. The squirrels coming out for morning breakfast. Birds chirping and picking seeds off the ground. A lone racoon wanders back to his home for the day. The tukeys start clucking to wake the others for the fly down. A slight wind picks up and a few leaves slowly make their decent to the ground. A doe and her fawn work their way through the acorn patch, and instead of thinking about shooting. You sit back and bask in the beauty that is nature.

Next time you hit the woods, just stop worrying so much about the kill and take a look around. You'll be surprised what you see.