HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 AM
sk74ford
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Well Fellas I got me one. I shot is yesterday morning. I got to my stand about 45 mins before shooting time so the woods could settle down. The ground was all wet cause it rained all day the day before. We got over an inch of rain. Well sunrise came and I was hoping the deer would start moving. So around 6:30 I see a 4 point coming down a trail next to me so I just sit there and watch him for a while as he heads to the field behind me. Then around 7:45 I see a deer moving through the thick brush to my left. I could see antler but couldn't really see how big he was cause how thick it is. So he gets into a little clearing and I finally see him. I was trying to find out what buck he was cause I have seen a small, medium, and a large 8 point running around the farm. After looking him over I see that he is the medium size buck. This is the third time I have seen him but couldn't get a shot the other times. But he was walking parallel to me and going to go behind me. So I got my grunt call out and made two long tending grunts followed by two short ones. Then I snort weezed twice. He was all mine after that.

He swung around and started circling me and came around to my right. So I waited for him to get in one of my shooting lanes. He entered my first one and stopped, so I put my 30 yard pin on him and let my Rage eat. The arrow didn't go all the way through. He ran about 60 yards and piled up. After a while I went over to him to see him. I ended up shooting him just a little back but when I field dresses him I destroyed one of his lungs. I think I also hit his artery cause their was a lot of clotting in the chest cavity. He's not real wide but his rack grows up not out. I have the pics on my camera I will get them on here as soon as I can. Now I will have to get the big one. Our gun season opens tommorrow, I can't wait. Well good luck to you guys.