HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got another doe, and had an encounter
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 PM
dhunterinla
Fork Horn

Default Got another doe, and had an encounter

Hey all, well went to the stand around 5:30 am this past saturday (the 8th) and settled in. It got light enough to shoot by around 6:30 and at 7:45, a large spike walked out down my right lane and started feeding. He was joined about 30 min later by a young doe that he thought might be interested in him but she cooled that fire by running off. I started alternating between my left and right lanes and at 8:45, a deer walked out at the very end of my left lane, as I was raising my rifle, 2 more walked out. All 3 were large does all by themselves. This was a case of whichever moved broadside first got to be the lucky lady. One did, and I made the shot. When I got to the spot, I found a good blood spray and a good trail to follow. I tracked her into the thicket and literally right before I saw her, I heard something coming through the thicket. I thought that I had pushed the deer and she was running. But nope. I looked and saw the back legs of a deer that was coming through the thicket and would pass in front of me about 15 feet away. I started trying to see what it was and as I looked to were the head was, I saw an 8 point rack!! Talk about freaked! All the stories of hunters getting the crap beat of them by a buck popped into my head in vivid detail. I had my scope caps off so I looked through the scope just hoping for a hole to see his vitals, but no luck. He passed by and went on about his business. But, here's the doe, and now that I've got 2 doe's in the freezer, it's time to start looking for that 8 point

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...r/101_2856.jpg