HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What have you let walk and why?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default What have you let walk and why?

Mine was a huge I mean HUGEbodied,very easy booner on a private piece I hunt. I watched intently from the ground as he was walking from my right to left towards my shooting lane. When he stepped behind a thicket of small trees/saplings I drew back. He took about 4 more steps and decided for some reason not to come out from behind that thicket. The wind was absolutely in my favor but it was like he knew something was not right. He then turned and came straight towards me. At 20-25yds he stopped and looked directly at me though I was behind a thicket of small trees myself. He stood there for a full 4-5 seconds as I contemplated trying to hit that tennis ball sized target at the base of his neck. I was shaking so bad I decided to just hope for him to turn. And turn he did, but with a ffffff, followed by a waving white flag. I let down and finished freaking out as it was the biggest rush I'd ever gotten in my 4yr bowhunting career.

Everyone I talked to said they'd've let that arrow fly. I don't argue with them, it's their legal choice. I more than likely will never see that deer again but at least I didn't contribute to its demise.

So, what did you give a free pass to?