HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I BLEW IT !!! TWICE ---- NEED ADVICE
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 06:02 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I BLEW IT !!! TWICE ---- NEED ADVICE

Oh I may tend to disagree. I know that killing a deer, any deer, certainly helps many of us relax and feel more confident. I, personally, try to not shoot at any deer that seems alert to something being "amuck" if at all possible, but I know sometimes that situations present where we can't help it. Not saying by any means you did anything wrong, but I have to wonder if that buck just was so QUICK on the jump that the arrow ended up in his hind-quarter. If you're shooting the General, I know it's a good shooter, and it was quiet when I shot it back in July, but nothing short of silent will prevent deer from jumping string a little, and especially an alert deer is tough as hell. The only one I ever tracked over 130 yds, looked up at me as I was getting ready to release, and I gut shot her from 34yds, when I thought I had a perfect heart shot at the time of release!!! She just moved so far between my release and that arrow getting there I was totally amazed. Again, don't let it get you down that much, and try to focus on follow through as much as possible. Also, good to hear you're no longer "mugging" the trigger!!!