HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wal-Mart Guns???
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:12 AM
jayman035
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wal-Mart Guns???

ORIGINAL: betheman

I would rather support my local gun shop owner who has been selling guns for years and knows the ins and outs of guns than go to walmart and by a gun from someone who used to push a broom around the store and doesn't know anything about guns, ammo, or hunting in general.
Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive gone into walmart asking about a gun or ammo, in fact anything hunting related and have gotten "i don't know" as the answer. and god help them if they had the initiative to find out for you.

and no, there is nothing wrong with walmarts guns. its just that they buy so many in bulk that they get them for a cheaper price allowing them to undercut everyone else. they still come with any warranty that the manufacturer offers.

so apart from the crappy product knowledge they have to offer, they do have a good low budget range of firearms. and i have never had a problem with my walmart special Mossberg shotgun.

but if you want a great gun go to your local gun shop. get to know the guy, and you know you will always be looked after. your business means more to him than it ever will to walmart.