HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C Endeavor Day 1
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
GIBB
Spike

Default T/C Endeavor Day 1

Hey,
I have been poking around these forums now for the last few months and finally went out and spoiled myself. A frind of mine told me to get a muzzleloader for the controled hunt here in Ontario and I was like Nah...too much work cleaning and preperation w/a muzzleloader.
But I put in for it anyways and got in so....started looking into forums and reading up on Muzzleloaders then I saw the video on the T/C Encore Endeavor and I was SOLD.
Did some more reading and ordered my new toy.
Got it last week but have been busy w/work and kids so no time to sight it in till today.

Purchased a Nikon Omega w/a DMZ scope mountfor it, HIGHLY recommend both.
I was shooting 150g TripleSe7en pelletsw/a 250g Shockwave super glide sabots w/a Winchester triple Se7en 209 Primer.

First 2 shots were bottom right @ 50 yards (was happy i was on the paper!!! )
Adjusted scope and shot 2 a little high from center.

Moved to 100 yards and adjusted a little bit....Bulls Eye, Bulls Eye and Bulls Eye

A friend shot the one bottom right of center....he wants one now too.

Cleaned w/a wet patch (T-17) and a dry patch after every shot.

I have never used/shot a Muzzle loader before andWOW amI am hooked.

Only complaint was that the PRE-SATURATED patches from T/C were damp if that....in TC's video they show the guy wringing out the cleaner because they put sooo much in....not even close.

My first wet patch got stuck...luckily i bought some T-17 Bore cleaner otherwise I would of had a short day. I had to put bore cleaner on EVERY patch before i sent it down or it would get stuck.

Opening day for the second muzzlehunt is this Monday...can not wait to get into my tree stand!!!

Thanks for the tips and insight!
Cheers
GIBB