HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM
KodiakArcher

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Yep... sounds familiar from the one I tagged with a rifle when I should've been carryingmy bow. Maybe we should've been team "hard luck"? In any case, we can't complain too much as we sit down to a tasty dinner of grilled venison.

Couldn't get into the goats today. I almost fell off the mountain and decided it was best to turn around and come back down. The 2" of snow we got last night was turning wet andsticky when the sun hit it. It kept clogging up my crampons so I couldn't get a bite into the glaze ice that was under it. If you can imagine walking on snowballs on top of wet ice on the side of a 60+ degree slope in a 25 mph wind 1700' up you get the picture. I wonder how much speed you'd get up sliding down a 45-60 degree slope for 1000 feet?

I almost got a shot at some ptarmigan but passed on the 40 yarder with no backstop (call me a chicken but I have no idea where my flu-flu hits beyond 20 yards) and got busted by the flock of 20+ birds at 15 yards. Would've been a nice addition to the fox mount.

Got a bit excited about a bear I spotted on the way out until I saw the cub with her. Fall bears are so damn hard to judge. They all look huge because they're filled in and full coated. She was a big sow and the cub was just a tad bigger than an average black bear. In any case, cool to watch.