HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Del Sol Outfitters
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
shay mann

Default RE: Del Sol Outfitters

ORIGINAL: man of death

Shay - you are almost as good as posting as you were selling us on this hunt. The truth is not in you. As I stated we hunted out of a camp that you guys had used for summer trips the tents stay up year round - your guys were actively trying to get a permit from the state while we were there. There were no elk in the area despite the fact that you assured us you had scouted the area. All 4 of us had hunted elk and killed elk in Colorado this was not out first hunt. It was our first and last experience with Del Sol. You didnt hold up your end of the deal and I told you that I would give an honest reference on the service. The problem was not Bob his food was great. Jordan was also great he worked his tail off for Grant. I dont know who came up with problem solved I froze my ass off. I do agree with Muley we should have been prepared but we had several conference calls with both you and Barry . I asked about what type of bag I should bring and you told me we would have heated tents so I brought a light bag.

I have done the do it yourself hunt several times in both New Mexico and Colorado with success. I paid Del Sol to put me in an area with game and provide me with a comfortable camp and you didn't hold up your end of the deal.

Also howdid you and Kirk hunt an different area when Barry told us he was only licensed in the area we camped in. Did you violate the terms of his license? You never represented Kirk as a friend in the video - but as a client. Is it me or are you mis representing the services you offer . The others will respond as well - you didnt offer us anything but it really didnt matter we are done with Del Sol. We were all in excellant shape and hunted our tails off

Fellows - if you need more info pm me before you book with these guys - what you see is not what you get
What do you mean, how did we hunt in a different area when Barry told us he was the only licensed in the area? I work for Barry, and I hunted smack dab in the middle of our packing permit. I don't understand what you are saying.

Del Sol dropped Kirk and I off in the middle of our permit area. Just because I work for Del Sol 11 months out of the year, doesn't mean I can't hunt in our permitted pack area. We had other camps in our unit the same time you were in there. You weren't the only camp in 100,000 acres.

I wasn't working when I was hunting with Kirk. I was hunting for myself, and Kirk and I were both paying clients of Del Sol. I have to pay for the services that we use, even though I work for Del Sol. There is an opportunity cost, when I take up time and resources that I have to make good.

We were legal in that area, and we hunted the same area again this past year. I don't understand that argument.

We probably have about 100 thousand acres of allowable permitted area to use. Your camp wasn't the only one in our area. Barry said he was the only licensed outfitter for your camp, meaning that no other outfitter can work camps in our area. Pretty normal operating procedures for outfitters.

Remember the "Hell Hole" that you guys complained about having to walk in and out of??? A 30 minute to an hour walk??? A huge 6X6 bull missed in Hell Hole this year, and a spike killed. Again, the head of the main drainage that you were at, clients got into a ton of elk in there this year. I'm sorry, there wasn't elk around every corner. But we did scout it, I saw elk there, Jordan saw elk there. Barry was in there with elk. Do you not remember that bull going through your camp. Or did you forget about that. Or did you not forget that on the way out, Barry spotted you guys a bull in that Basin on the way out. That none of you were really interested in going after it.

I don't even know if this is D.H or S.D. posting here. But as I did say, I regret the tent issue. And the heater issue. I know you paid alot of money. But I did not sell you a bill of goods. You really think in the day of hunting forums and internet posting, that I enjoy defending ourselves. We have a great reputation, and have good success for opportunities during archery and rifle season. We have people that have already booked for next year. Some that didn't even kill this past year. But they understand that you may only get one opportunity.

Why wasn't any of this brought up during the hunt, or when Barry was there. When I asked Barry how he thought everything went, he said you guys were pretty happy and tipped well. Usually, if I'm that disappointed in a product or a service. Ticked off enough to slam us for a year after the fact. I surely wouldn't tell the owner of the outfit that everything was fine, and pay a good tip.

Were we perfect?... NO and never will be.
Did we put you in an area that historically have elk? ... YES.
Did 3 of us scout the area? ABSOLUTELY YES !!!!
I was there 3 days before you got there. I Hiked in 10 miles to check out that country, got into a big herd in the large basin that you ride through, about a 30 minute walk to camp.

Yes, I don't deny that we use that camp and other camps, for summer camp locations. This one is a good spot, and a hub to some lakes, and is on top for access to other creeks and basins. But we did it again this year. A summer camp in July and August, doesn't mean there are not elk there in September. Plain and Simple.

Again, I'm sorry the experience wasn't exactly what you wanted. I'm sorry about the tent issue. But did you think that your spike camp was going to be a wall tent with a stove? Maybe I'm assuming to much here, that is my fault. But an early September spike camp doesn't usually include a wall tent and a stove. Were you the only one not intending on spiking out? So you didn't bring a "spike" quality sleeping bag.

We've had these conversations and back and forth bantering before. I don't expect anything to get solved here on the forums. I don't expect you to believe me or be happy. Because this has been going on for a year, and you seem to be a man on a mission, spending a lot of time and energy to let everyone know how disappointed you are in our service. So I don't expect it to ever be resolved.

I guess I will fight just as hard or more than the effort you are putting out to maintain our excellent name as you are in to destroying it. Nothing I can do to change the past, I don't think there is anything I can do to make you see my side. So I guess this will be an ongoing battle, that I will deal with. And I will fight. This is our livelihood. I eat and live based on the success of this business. And realize that a good reputation is the only thing that matters.

I welcome any other points you want to post. In private or in public.

[email protected]

Respectfully,

Shay Mann