HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Washington Blacktail
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM
sss5358

Default RE: Eastern Washington Blacktail

Thanks finnbear. I guess I have been hunting this area for so long I don't realize how much bigger these Blacktails get than the average west side Blacktails. We have seen the deer on the wind farm and drooled! But of course we can't get on there. However my partner has lived in the Goldendale area over 30 years so we manage to get permission to get on private land free. In some cases we are able to get on because the owners father used to let us on and the son lets us on it even though he may be charging others. Guess we are lucky that way. Just a finish to the story. When we got back to his house with my deer we skinned it and put the skin out back about 200 yards then went inside to clean up to go get breakfast. When we came out there stood a very nice 3 X 3 over the skin. It was a legal buck too. But of course we both had ours so it went free. Great weekend of hunting.

Thanks Colorado Lucky Dog. My sentiments exactly. I don't mind at all if people disagree or don't believe, but it's all in the way it's done.