HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 AM
cjohnson664

Default RE: Official Team The Rack Pack Thread (7)

Hi guys, just got back from Ill. for the last ten days. Sounds like every one had a fun week. I got the score back from the taxidermistand he said my buck is a 105 but I am not sure if he did it right so I will post score when a get it back. I am just getting a European mount. I have to say this past week in ILL. was the most fun in the woods I have every had. I saw more bucks in ten days then I have seen my entire life. Say six shooters ranging from 120-170 inch. Sat. morning I was walking a CRP field and spotted two does bedded down on the side of a hill, One was a shooter so I started a sneek attack wind was perfect. So I was on the edge just over top of them and a Hot doe run's by and there is a 6 pointer and a little 4 on her behind. So my attention turns to them and as I am watching them I think I bet more bucks will be following, and when I take my glasses down there standing 43 yards to my right is a 135-145 ten point. I almost passed out[8D] He turns and I go to full draw. then he starts to walk right at me. The only shot I could take is a neck shot and I am not very comfortable with that.
by now he is 30 yards right in front of me and my knees are shaking. TURN I am thinking, know he is quartering
towards me hard and then I fell the wind on the back of my neck[:@] It swirled the buck blows and is out of my life
forever. One of the best experience's hunting in my life.