HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

well, im headin out tomorrow...i wont make all day, but im gunna try to make 11 or noon...i got 2 group projects due wed...but with the vehicle situation, i told both groups id do as much as i could solo and email it to them and try to meet with them tomorrow evening/nite and finalize it all...

but me and my buddy went in tonight coonhunting and i threw up the climber in an area he feels real confident about...they jumped from my understanding a BIG buck about 200yds away...about 20-30yds to the left of my stand is a pile of BIG rubs..buddy says its trashed and every tree is hit...behind me is a hay field..im in the corner in the only opening in the whole piece...this stuff is nasty creek bottom...redbrush, jagurs, briars, weeds, and thick trees and that...theres a HECK of a crossing right there piled with doe tracks and i spotted some big tracks in the mix...

my only 2 fears is us being in there tonite...left scent around...(deer were likely in the corn fields feeding for the night a good ways off) and the land owner seems to be cutting fire wood...hopefully he isnt there before 11 or noon...spot looks REALLY good to atleast see some deer...i will likely spend all day saturday in there...

still might venture to the buddies camp thursday or saturday...see whats goin on and what i see tomorrow...and what the vehicle situation looks like...mechanic says that he will have it done tomorrow...so thats good...means it aughta be quick, which means cheap...er..lol...id like to hunt that stand atleast once..and a couple buddies are going up this weekend to get away and do some grouse hunting..so i dont know we'll see...

3 more days in the woods for me...(so long as nothing pops up thursday or saturday!) anything can happen....i havent seen 1 chase or have anything respond to calling or anything as of yet...hopefully things are hot and fierce...