HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BBD BABY! (PICS) WHOLE STORY ADDED!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
KansasBBD
Typical Buck

Default BBD BABY! (PICS) WHOLE STORY ADDED!

FIrst of all take your time out and read this, its worth it.

EDIT: in the hero shot, you can see where i shot him. At the end of the damn in that little open field by the hill
Edit: #2: This is my first ever buck. Bow or rifle. Shot a doe last year, thats it.
Well to make a really loooong story short, i was hunting saturday morning and the wind was HOWLING. Im talking about to blow me out of the stand. Freezing cold too. The wind was def. not in my favor while in the treestand and i only saw 3 does skirting through the woods after about 4 hours of hunting so i pack up and start walking back. As always, i strap my bow to my back pack and head back home. As im walking through the another set of woods on our property i see some turkeys. So i drop my back pack get out my bow strap the release to my wrist and start tracking them down. I am not trying to be quiet by any means. So i cant find the turkeys and recollect my stuff and head back home. i still have my release and bow and arrow in hand ( I NEVER do this. EVER). i hope to see the turkeys out in the openning by our dam of our lake. So i get to the open field and see a little spike. i start messing with him and grunt at him and doe bleat (terribly by the way, i was just using my voice). So i start walking again and see a doe out in the little 1/8 acre pasture. So i drop my bag and start walking towards her. I do not know how she didnt run, i was literally walking in the middle of the pasture not being sneeky at all. I get to about 50 yards of her and what do i see? THIS BUCK BEDDED 10 yards BEHIND HER! My heart about pounds out of my chest. How could i possibly have mr freak nasty at 70 yrds in an open field?

To be continued.......

Ok i am not going to be a jerk and wait a few hours to post the pics[8D]

So there he is, 70 yards starring straight at me. let me remind you.... IN ANOPEN FIELD! so ihad seen a few does and spikes take this one trail up the hill so they didnt have to walk over the cattle guard.I am 15 yards fromthat actual trail. Finally after a VERY LONG 15minute stare down she walks to the trail while he trail her, head down. There was a little scrub she would put her head behind if she walked the trail like i had hoped. She did. Once her head went behind the scrub i drew my bow.. he stopped! i had no idea how many yards we was andit was a hard quarter towards shot. I about biffed the shot till i collected myself figured the yardage in my head (about 31 yards) put my pin right on his shoulder and let er'fly! CONTACT! rightwhere i was aiming.

Another long story short, ifound him 100 yards away. but20 turkeys bumped him to almost 600 yards away. i found himface down faintly breathing so i did the humane thing and sent another one threw him. It took me 4 hours to gethim out of the revine he was in, but thats a wholenew story for you guys. I think im going to write a dang book and this single day alone haha.