HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'll try again...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 AM
vanilla gorilla

Default RE: I'll try again...

Let me say this, if you are ready to give up now, you are in for a rough road. I don't think I got my first deer bow hunting until my 4th year of hunting. 2nd season with gun. You learn as you go. I have taken deer now every year since my first because of things I learned in previous years. I for one have zero patients when it comes to most things (ask my wife) but I could sit there all day and hunt. What it comes down to is, enjoy being out doors and the quiet time you have there. If you see a deer, good, if not,you will next time. There is a lot more to hunting (at least for me) then shooting deer every time out. The deer is the cherry on top. I mean, yeah, it's why your out there, but take in all of the experience. If your gonna give up, maybe your trying to hard to be a "hunter. Its gotta be something inside you that makes you want to be out there as much as you can. Thats why it's called hunting and not shhoting.Take it easy, relax and enjoy the nature and peace around you when your in the woods. Good luck to you, I hope you get to see something and fill your tag.