HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

sounds like were in VERY similar shoes...i know the pain...but, you seem alot like me, and your last line says it all...at the end of each year i do the same...step back and take a look at it ALL...what worked, what didnt work, what screwed me, what i can do different, as well as going in and beating the brush...i like fresh snow...although i find that after our season, deer often use different areas and do different things just because its winter...i can still find clues..and nooks and crannys that ive overlooked...just gotta step back and analyze it all...

as for me, LIFE just threw me a big ole curve ball...1/4 of the way to school and i went to turn my highbeams off...the blue indicator light stayed on so i hit it another couple times...it went off, but so did my headlights!!!!! never came back on...made some calls...called my buddy whose farm i just left..he said hes on his way...hes pretty mechanical and knows alot of stuff...he looked at all the usual stuff and then i told him what happened...he looked at the high/low beam switch and said no doubt, thats where the problem is...only, he doesnt know how to fix it or get to it...tried taking off a couple covers but couldnt get there...

soooo he gave me his daughters truck(somehow, by luck, shes out of town for a week) so i gotta run home tomorrow and get my truck SOMEWHERE...hopefully mechanic can rig something up...the vehicle is about on its last leg...buddy knew i was planning to head to camp(his familes camp i was heading to) he told me to go on up....but im not going to in his daughters truck..bad enough i'll probably be driving it for a week..and gotta go home tomorrow and back up here to school sometime..and, i needed to find the stand in the daylight..which i was gunna do tomorrow evening..no chance of making it either way...soooo i dont know what i'll do....my bow season could be over....i dont know. im about as bummed out as they come...

buddy does have somewhere new he wants me to hunt...and im all ears as my hill is about dead...they jumped a monster small game hunting saturday...we all knew it was living SOMEWHERE on the block..just didnt know where and even where to find him...buddy thinks we can find a spot...maybe we will coon hunt tomorrow nite and i can find a spot and hunt it tuesday...maybe its all a sign and i'll get the biggun killed....one could only hope.....i hate bumps in the road...and timing always stinks...

on a better note, my taxidermist called...buck from last season is done drying...hes painting it tomorrow and i can pick it up anytime past tomorrow.....

good luck guys......keep at it...we'll see what happens with my situation...i was REALLY looking forward to going to camp........