HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your scent prevention rituals before and during a hunt
Old 11-09-2008, 08:24 PM
7X57MAUSER

Default RE: Your scent prevention rituals before and during a hunt

I wash all my hunting clothes in scent free/uv brightner free soap. Also, I wash socks, underwear, blue jeans and a t-shirt, and atowel and wash cloth in the same soap. I store these in unscented trash bags, in a plastic tote in my closet away from unwanted scents.The night beforeI hunt, I hang my clothes that I am going to wearoutside away from the house and barn, (so they don't pick up any unwanted scents). Then beforeI go hunting,I shower with scent free soap. I use arm n hammer unscented deodorant( cheaper than the hunter do.)I dress on the porch, (an advantage to living in the country), in my scent free blue jeans and t-shirt. Once I get to my hunting area, I change into my hunting clothes.

Prior to all of this, I spray my vehicle seats and carpet with scent neutralizer.I also do not wear cologne during hunting season at all. I leavemy vehicle windows down the night before I hunt to help remove the human related scents.