HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 09:08 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

sorry to hear that coug....we all know anything can happen when you release the arrow...yesterday was the first time i shot at anything other than deer or turkeys....i got sick of watching the 5lb giant squirrels so i decided they were going to be targets...perfectly legal...i brought 2 arrows with snypers for turkeys...decided id see how tough they are...i took 2 shots at squirrels...BOTH missed...1 high, 1 low...when i left for the night, it didnt take me long to find out the squirrels were surrounded in brush..found a twig with 2 hits on it lol...DUH.......morale of the story......anything can happen when you release an arrow......sucks...but its part of it.

Ryan, its just frustrating me to no end...i guess i cant complain....ive seen more deer on my hill this year than ever...and the numbers seem WAY down...so i guess im in the right spot and doing it all right...just gotta hope one of the FEW shooters come through...

heading to my buddies camp tomorrow...95% sure of it...hopefully the deer remembered that the rut should be in full swing...buddy got atleast 3 shooters on cam like i said...nothing is gaurenteed...but i need some areas with DEER. i wanna start hunting bigger bucks....but i simply dont have the locations...some years they are there, others they arent...im convinced the standing corn all around my hill is KILLING the hunting. they bed and feed in it or right on the edge of it...i need to work on NEW locations before next season...get permission and scout before i leave for the summer...come home and hit the woods hard....thats my plan........