HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Pass Thru Crew (18)

I lost my job about a month ago. I was fortunate enough to find work within a few days, buts its 12 hours a day, five days a week. I've gotten to hunt a little bit, but then last week my girlfriend got laid off as well. She was out of work a week, and she starts a new job on Monday, but both of us have effectively taken big pay cuts. Sole bread winner on $10/hr is pretty hard to manage in this part of the world. Can't believe I went to college for this crap. None of the magazine's I've been sending article's to are biting either, which is nice side pocket money when they bite on a decent one.

I've let a lot of small deer go. One buck might of pushed the book gross... but he was 2.5 yo that needed another year. I just cannot bring myself to shoot a healthy buck with a lot of potential just when he is fixing to get big. If he stays off the highway and away from the a-holes with buckshot and walkers he'll be shooter next year. Although, as I found out later that night, he has already been missed TWICE with a bow this year.