HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
drhntr178
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Of all the weeks to take vacation it hits 70 degress every freaking day [:@] Here's the log of my week hunt.

Day 1- Hunted field were I had saw two shooters this week. All i saw wasthe farmerscombine for
fourhours [:@]He told me he wasnt taking the beans out for a week...he lied[:@]

Day 2- Doe downin morning. Didnt see much all day.

Day 3- Saw a couple does. The heat really set in and deer are not moving

Day 4- Head to north Missouri.Turkey Down! Dropped a hen at 50 yds! Saw one shooter in the morning. Not close enough for a shot. Use the
new Scarface decoy and lured in a doe Doe down!! I thought it was supposed to lure in bucks but you take what you can get

Day 5-Only saw a spike chasing a doe all day [&:] Feels like August. Mosquitos are buzzing me. Hunting partner shots 2 turkeys.

Day 6- Finally!!!!!! The deer are moving. Setup in a saddle between a brush choked creek and and brushy ridge. I had 7 different bucks pass by in
morning allwithin 10 yds. The first 6 were just a tad under mygoal. The biggest would have been 115" and the smallest around 100". But the
7th buck had to come in from the complete opposite direction of all the others and caught me off guard. He came to withing 10 steps before
I knew he was there. We saw each other at the same time. He was an easy 130" 8 pt. We stared at each other for about 30 seconds.
There was nothing i could do as he trotted out of sight. That was the last deer I saw that day .

Day 7- Rained in morning. Saw a button buck in the evening.

Had a good week but the weatherreally put a damper on the deer movement. I have 3 days to hunt before our rifle season kicks in. The weather is turning now so the action should pick up this coming week. Congrats To Rob and Cougar!!!!