HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shot placement?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shot placement?

ORIGINAL: 125py

ORIGINAL: buckmaster_27

i hit a deer right in the shoulder i believe!!!i only got about 6 inch penitration and very little blood.i only found drops and then a small pool of blood whenever he stopped.there was a small amount of white hair also.could it have been a brisket shot?what are your thoughts on the deer making it?

it was about 30-35 yds at a slow walk.i tried to stop him but when he was at my lane he woulldnt stop.so i held right on the shoulder thinking it would hit behind the leg seeing he was moving.but i guess not.
if you found white hair then it probably was not hit square in the shoulder...i have shot afew of bucks square in the shoulder with only 6 inches of penetration no blood trail and found themall within 60 yards....hopeyou find him
+1 on this, but THIS made me pretty sure you weren't really weren't sure where you hit, so I'd have a hard time giving you much advice when you really don't know where you hit the animal.

I think you need to focus more on where that hit is, follow that arrow in, if you have GOOD follow through, it will help a little. Also, shooting at a walking deer is not highly advisable, unless you have experience leading them a little, and have a nice CLEAR shot.