HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st muzzleloader deer
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 1st muzzleloader deer

Speaking of your Bushnell Banner 4X ... that was the very first scope I ever purchased with my own money (my Dad had a old Redfield around the house I used for a few years). And that scope was the best scope I ever used. I had it on a Remington 742 Woodsmaster Carbine in 30-06 and shot deer out to 150 yards with that simple 4X.

Then one year my nephew who (because his mother could not control him) was living with us, decided to do me a favor and clean my rifles. He then unscrewed the back of the scope and let the gas out. I was mad enough to do something terrible to that kid. But my wife went out and bought me a Tasco 3-9x40mm World Class and I mounted that (the rifle still has that Tasco scope). I sent that back to Bushnell not really thinking they would do anything about it and low and behold they mailed me a brand new Banner 4X scope. So since my father in law was scope shy, I gave it to him for Christmas (I should have gave him the Tasco, but actually that old Tasco has been a great scope).