HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Buck Bombers Thread (9)
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:15 PM
FLbowhntr
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 9 Thread

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but we got back from our IL hunt last sat. and its been hectic since, 2 of the guys in our group there were 8 of us killed nice 130" deer and I shot the biggest buck of my life. I have been sick for two weeks now, I shot him on the first afternoon of our hunt and we let him lay over night because itwas right at dark when I shot and I wasn't sure of the shot. The next morning we did find blood and were able to stay on it for close to a mile, the deer never laid down in all this time so we were all a little worried. Then the blood just quit in the second crp field we tracked him into. We then grid searched for two days with no luck so needless to say I am heartbroken. He has a double main beam on his right side and probably scores in the mid 150"s with all the character you could ask for in a buck. I did get a little video of him before the shot but can't figure out how to post it, if anyones willing to help pm your email address and I'll mail the vid. to you. I'll try to post some of the other kill pics for you guys soon as I can I believe there were 8 killed in camp that week with a couple of slammers.

Thanks Trae