HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Rickmur
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

The weather turned balmy as useual [:@]for the rutbut I did see deer and arrowed a doe. Got tired of passing on them. Saw a few shooters and rub and scrapes are appearing everywhere. DaveH saw a nice 8 point make two rubs and he even got 2 shots at him and hit limbs both times. Started raining today and will continue tomorrow and into Thursday morning. I will be butching this deer tonight or tomorrow so I will return to the woods Thursday for the rest of the week.
Coming out of the woods yesterday and crossing the powerline I spotted6-8 ravens, vultures, whatever you want to call them sitting on one of the power linetowers. When I enterd thewoods on the other side a bunch more swooped up to the tower. I said hummmmmmm, must be a dead dear or something so I went to investagate. Sure enough, I found the deer, a nice 8 pointer with a broken off aluminum arrow in it's side. It was a fairly fresh kill as Sunday hunting was allowed this weekend though it could have . I removed the head to remove the antlers out of respect to the animal. What a shame[:@]. Here's a pic of it, wish I could have made the kill myself.