HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - horton crossbow
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
wilbar

Default horton crossbow

I went to the two stores in our area that carrier crossbows, a dick's sporting goods and a gander mountain, pretty much the same stuff at both, shot all but 1 of their crossbows, and i found the only one i liked was one of their cheaper ones, Horton HD150 explorer, the butt was more comfortable against my shoulder, but more than that i liked the grip on the stock, all the others had a hole to put your fingures thru(not your trigger fingure, other hand just to be clear), which i understand but i liked the solid grip of the horton explorer, anyone have any experience with these or know of a better bow that has a similar stock if this one is not good. all the ones i shot were hortons and ten points, the ten points had more power but werent as comfortable for me, and since im looking at this more for a target shooting sport than hunting, i think im leaning towards the horton. also whats a good weight, the horton was a 150 most of the tenpoints were either 165 or 175, i think there was a 185 in there somewhere.