HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to draw back
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: how to draw back

Simply using some moleskin will quieten your rest. I'd shoot it afterwards to make sure it didn't throw off your center shot, though.

I like hanging (I climb 100% of the time) with other large trees in close proximity.....or GREAT cover in between. This is one reason I chose to go to 60#'s DW. I know I can hold it longer....and I know I can draw sooner (if need be) because of that fact.

I've been busted trying to get drawn on a deer.....due to a noisy rest. That's another topic. Since changing it.....I haven't been busted drawing in numerous attempts (more than 30, probably in 3+ seasons). If you climb.....I love a large Dia. tree within 10' of me (actually a bit closer.....as I've been as close as to hang my bow hook in the "other" tree). That gives you a chance to draw when he's between you and that cover. Rarely do I draw where I have to hold my bow at full draw for more than a few seconds, though. Having that cover also allows you to let off without spooking him if you choose to NOT take the animal.