HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)
Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
MOhunting

Default RE: Official Team Silent Stalkers Thread (46)

I saw they still haven't entered the score too???

Well I'm back and the deer are moving in droves. Here's a (not so quick) summary..

Thurs AM - 5 inch spike crossed in front of me around 8, 8:30 6pt w/ right side missing feed right next to me...should be decent next year. Hunted in bottoms
PM - Hunting in Cedar grove, had nice 8pt cross 15 yards at last light...contemplated shooting, decided to shoot and hit small limb I didn't see and basically cut some hair off his front brisket. Damn limb...again not the biggest deer, so I'm ok with it after seeing what I saw the next days.

Fri AM - corner of field stand, raining no saw 2 does make way to field, out of sight. When I got back to camp they were bedded down 80 yards from camper. Didn't mind camp at all, they eventually wondered off. 1:30 - very nice 10 pt probably 125ish walked out in middle of field on trail of does, stopped where they were bedded...again didn't mind camp at all until he saw my buddy move. Nice enough deer.

PM - Powerline Stand, 5:30different spike crosses by me, I let him get 75 yards and grunt just to see his reaction. He comes all the way back, directly under my stand. Then works his way opposite direction. Again let him get 75 yards away and call again, works his way all the back to 5 yards below me and crosses powerline. Call worked well on him.
5:50 Doe comes out of opening across from stand jumps off prop.
6:15 Big Doe jumps fence onto prop and I call to get her close, she comes right in, but no shot until directly below me w/ no light at all...no way to look thru peep. I couldn't get shot b/c she walked exactly where I can't shoot w/ a bow.

Sat. AM Powerline Stand..8:15 10 pt MONSTER w/ big mass,not sure the score, butBIGcomes 75 yards to stand and crosses powerline. I gave him a soft grunt to try and turn him around, but he wanted non of that and blow at me and ran...not happy. Big Deer!

Sat. PM Cedar Grove Stand - Turkey's everywhere, not to thrilled to see me climb in my tree, but some stayed and feed. 6:21 Another Monsterous 10 pt with 3 tines approaching 12 inches each..not the mass of AM deer, but better length and semmatry (spelling?), crossed about 50 yards behind me and I pulled back twice, but he didn't walk out where I needed him. NO calling this time, b/c of prior results, but he is a monster, and the rubs in the area are now more apparent.

Sun AM - Powerline - Saw 3pt w/ right side missing, and 2 does, one I pulled back on and decided she was too small, so I let her walk @30 yards..no need to take another small one.

PM - Sighted in Muzzleloader so I didn't hunt. But i saw a lot of bucks w/ go racks for sure, our rifle season starts the 15th...so I think I'll get there a few days early so I can try and get one of those big boys before gun season. Unfortunately no deer down, which is definitely my fault for taking to long to debate whether or not I was going to shot the deer I missed. Hopefully I'll get a much bigger one anyway. Sorry...little lengthy, but I have a hunting journal so I can remember what's going on...so I just copy it.