HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IBO speeds!!
Thread: IBO speeds!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: IBO speeds!!

ORIGINAL: im ocd

As you can see by my signature, I'm shooting in the 283-293 range depending on the bow. What the blistering IBO speed allows me to dois turn the draw weight back and still produce 69-74# of KE. Peoplehave the option ofeither backing off the draw weight or shooting a heavier arrow at a reasonable speed, with a higher IBO.
My wife shoots a Bowtech Equalizer and the fairly high IBO allows her to produce exceptional power for her draw weight and draw length. Short draw and low draw weight shooters may benefit from faster bows.
Faster bows do typically have agressive draw cycles and short brace heights; regardless, I shoot the X Force exceptionally well. Other factors like grip, draw stop (or lack thereof), balance, intangables.... factor into each individuals performance with a given bow.
I'm shooting an HCA Iron Mace... 29.5"... 61# with a 475gr arrow going right at 270fps... I'm right there with you and couldn't agree more!

I just put a deposit down on a new Admiral.. not the fastest horse at the track, but the draw cycle is pretty stiff... I ordered a max 60# bow... still slinging 420gr arrows in the 280s! PLENTY fast enough for me... and shooting lower poundages than back when I was in college and it was 70# or nothing... I'll never own another 70# bow.. no need for it with my draw length and hunting usage.