HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Surrender your firearms
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 PM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Surrender your firearms

That's what people said in other countries before laws went into effect too. Burying your head in sand just don't cut it-by the way,thanks for your service.

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
So you were willing to die for other peoples rights but not your own? Go figure.

Don't get me wrong I have a family and I don't want to die either, but at some point youhave to be willing to fight for your rights. There may come a day when standing in a picket line isn't going to cut it! Taking our right to bear arms away is where I and a lot of others would draw the line in the sand.
Well, considering the line of work I have chosen, I don't really have that luxury. Yes, I can vote and I do. I vote for the person with the best interest of the country in mind first, and then who is the best for the military because that affects me. Ultimately,the President is my boss and I have to obey his orders. Luckily, if he ordered all civilians to disarm, I wouldn't be part of it. It would be on Law Enforcement to accomplish that mission. As long as I'm in the military I'll always have weapons but I know it's not the same as the 2nd Ammendment. Hopefully it never comes to that, which I don't believe it ever will.