HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
RackLuster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

my trail cameras are going crazy! i have bucks everywhere. A nice 10 point (actually a nine now) has started to show up on all of my cameras. i have a picture of him chasing a doe too. i have more pictures of bucks fighting (2nd time in two weeks). A nice 8 (actually a 7 now[:@]) is showing up regularly and a 2 1/2 year old 6 point is checking a scrape every single night between 7-9pm.

went out tonight and didn't see anything though. if that wasn't bad enough, i hit a fawn with my truck on the way home. I was driving 55 because i was seeing deer everywhere and I know that area has a ton of deer. the car behind me was of course right on my butt. I didn't completely slam on the brakes because that car would have nailed me. because of that, i hit the deer. one of those no win situations. luckily i slowed down quite a bit before i hit it and my truck didn't get much for damage. i went back to look for the deer but it was nowhere to be found. no blood either. might be ok.

anyway, gun season starts this coming weekend. my odds of getting a buck w/ bow are now slim to none. if i don't get one during the 3 week gun season or 2 week black powder season i'll pull the bow back out.

good luck all...